Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Backlog filters based on labels

I have created a board and the quick filter works like a charm

How do I add them to the back log so that I can create an active sprint out of it.

The backlog filter which appears cannot be edited and I am having a hard time. I just need 46 issues to be present in the backlog so that sprint can be created from it.

Any pointers

2 answers

Hi @Mouly Swaminathan -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am confused by what you are asking...Perhaps you could clarify a bit.

From what you have described, I think:

• You have a company-managed scrum board, and you have created a quick filter
  • Your quick filters should be available on both the board and the backlog
  • If you want to select backlog items with the quick filter and then add them to a sprint you can...
    • navigate to the backlog
    • select the quick filter
    • select the issues shown: select the first and shift-select the last to grab them all
    • right-click to add to your sprint

Best regards,
Bill

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Aug 25, 2021

Hi @Mouly Swaminathan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Quick filters let you filter out a subset of the collection of issues that the board sees, and are only available on Active sprint or if you have a Kanban board. In order to edit the filter that the board has you need to go to Board settings and change the filter from there. Please note that it is only the owner of the filter that can change it. 

Jan Gazda I'm New Here Feb 25, 2022

Sadly it has been like this for years and it's absolutely painful to work with. Instead of fixing that and adding quality of life. Atlassian implements annoying features like link previews which hide some important things. I hope we can migrate off this platform soon.

Hi @Mikael Sandberg ,

If I understood correctly quick filter are not available for backlog. How do I segregate them into different buckets to pick them in active sprint?

Thanks,

Sadhana

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Apr 20, 2022

@Sadhana PARASHAR (Retail Platform) Quick filters are available in the backlog.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

95 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you