Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation - Clone Issue into another Project Edited

Hi,

I tried my first setps with JIRA automation and unfortunalty it doesn't work.

First - I am the admin of the hole JIRA-instance and also of the 2 projects.

My goal is to copy a created issue in project A (A2TP) depending on a sepcific label to another project B (PNP).

I got some errors in my audit log, but the error info doesn't help me to solve the problem.

So I tried it with a easyer rule first to see, if it's a global problem. The easyer rule is:

If you created an issue in project A clone this issues to project B (without trigger the label)

But also in that really easy case I got the same errors.

Can someone help me? Maybe it's a problem with permissions between to projects?

image.png

image.png

image.png

regards,

Philipp

4 answers

0 votes

Hi Philipp,

As it's a cross project rule (involves >1 project), you will need to change the scope of the rule (first screenshot) to A2TP and PNP. Click on the link for "global administration", update the scope and then test the rule.

Let us know how you go

Hi,

i changed the rule details <scope> to "Multiple projects" and had another test unfortunately without sucess. :-(

image.png

Like JimmyVanAU likes this

both projects are Next-Gen-Projects - could this be the reason?

JimmyVanAU Community Leader Mar 29, 2020

Hi Philipp,

It's been a little while since I've played with automation. I've just run a few tests, and yes, it looks to be due to next gen projects.

The next gen projects appear to have the same schemes and type, though they're independent of each other behind the scenes. This allows each project admin to do what they need to do.

For you, if you've got a limited number of issue types, I'd suggest a rule with multiple if statements which clones to the specific issue type in the target project. That is, don't use "Same issue type" or "Same issue type as trigger" (both fail) under Clone action, but run an IF rule, check if issue type is task, then clone a "Task" in the other project, with more branches for Epic and Story. A little painful, but it works.

To help you with original issue, I'd suggest you raise a ticket with support https://support.atlassian.com and reference this conversation :) Let us know how you go

thank you Jimmy, I will try it.

Atlassian support request is already open since yesterday with link to this conversation here. :)

Like JimmyVanAU likes this
0 votes
Peter I'm New Here May 20, 2021

Hi Philipp,

I am currently struggling with the same problem. Did you manage to get the whole thing running?

Regards 

Peter

Hi All did anyone manage to get this working - Im having the same issue with two nextgen projects where I want the transition to done on one to clone the issue on the other project ready for my test team.

I am not a Jira Automation expert, but have some experiences with cloning issues between projects. There are two possible causes which come to my mind:

• Make sure that the issue type you want to clone is also available in the target project.
  • Check if the target project has some required fields, that are not available in the source issue.

If that doesn't solve your issue and you're open to work with a Marketplace app, you could try our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira.

With our app you can:

If you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone, don't hesitate to contact us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

314 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you