Automatically move linked story to Ready for Work when another is accepted

Tasha Cronen June 26, 2018

My team works in Kanban and I'm wondering if there is there a way to automatically move stories to Ready for Work when a required story is moved to accepted? Some work cannot begin until a "required by" story is completed and accepted. it would be nice to have some kind of automation automatically move those stories to ready for work.

1 answer

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

@Tasha Cronen

My understanding of your question is that there are stories ("required by") . On the completion of these stories you want several other stories to move into "ready for work" state.

To achieve this first you need to create relation between the "required by" story and the stories whose status need to be changed. I will prefer you to create a link that the stories are blocked by the main story.

Then on the transition of your main story , you can use a post function to move all linked issues from one state to another state. There are several add-ons which provide such post functions . One of them is below with example :

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/68878506/Transition+linked+issues

Regards

Prakhar

Suggest an answer