Automated Log Work(Gebsun) trial extension

Kshitij Peter October 6, 2014

Hi,

We have started using JIRA(Agile) cloud version for our organization and are evaluating how useful this add-on is for us.  

We would like to extend the trial, but I am not able to follow the steps(given in the documentation for Automated Log Work by Gebsun), since after clicking on "Free trial" I am just going to Manage Add-on screen for this particular addon. As per the documentation the trial can be extended 5 times.

I see that billing section is updated for this add-on. 

Please let me know the exact steps to renew trial for this add-on.

4 answers

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Hi,

The answer from Atlassian is that it is not possible to extend trial period for OnDemand/Cloud. It affects both Atlassian products and third-party plugins. 

The only way to test the product/plugin more is to opt to move forward and pay monthly fee. You can cancel subscription any time you want if you don't like the product/plugin.

Unfortunately we can do nothing as a plugin vendor because licensing and billing is managed by Atlassian sad

Let us know if you have other questions or suggestions related to the plugin.

Best,
Gebsun 

Kshitij Peter October 7, 2014

Hmm, The documentation says trail period is extendable 5 times, which is required for this addon since we can evaluate the auto-logging of time only after some times (4-6 weeks) when we take the report. I think you can change the documentation for the add-on. In our case the we weren't able to use it initially, due to AC-1338 issue, so let us think over what can be done. Thanks for the followup.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

The 5 times statement from Atlassian documentation must relate to self hosted versions only. What do you mean by "change the documentation for the add-on"? Is there anything misleading? Regards, Gebsun

Kshitij Peter October 8, 2014

Hello, This is what the documentation says, it very implicitly tells that trail extension is only for hosted and not for cloud instances. If you can be more specific that it only applies to hosted and NOT for Cloud/OnDemand, that will be helpful future users. " You can extend your add-on trial up to 5 times – in other words, for up to six months. Extend your trial by generating a new evaluation license key from Atlassian Marketplace. Click Free Trial and you'll be directed to generate a license at MyAtlassian. Paste this license key into the add-on listing in UPM from your Atlassian host application, and you're all set. Alternatively, if you remove your expiring trial license from your Atlassian host application, you can re-add it back for another free trial." Just a footnote, its just that we have already taken approval for a specific amount - considering this will be billed only later and we'll need to re-take those approvals with revised amount. So I suggested a slight change in documentation so its clear for future customers.

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2014

Hi, Unfortunately Atlassian is an author of that documentation and plugin vendors cannot change that :( You can reach Atlassian sales directly and share your concern via the form on the following page: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact Thanks, Gebsun

0 votes

Thanks. I will wait for the update to reflect.

0 votes

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried all three.  For 1 and 2. It takes me to Manage Add-on screen and for 3. It only shows me JIRA products and NOT this add-on.

Also after doing all the three ways,  I still see a $20 debit scheduled for my next billing cycle date in the Billing screen.

As per the documentation the trial can be extended 5 times and we are at the end of first trial.

(I have deleted the "addon-com.gebsun.plugins.jira.hidetimetracking" label).

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2014

Hi, What do you mean by "Manage Add-on screen". Is it in JIRA or marketplace? The second option "Try it free" button is located on marketplace. It should allow to generate new license. Have you tried it?

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2014

Hmm, indeed marketplace moves to plugin management screen in JIRA. We will ask Atlassian how to extend Cloud subscription.

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2014

Hi,

There are few ways to extend trial and that is handled purely by Atlassian.
Clicking the "Free Trial" in JIRA is one of the ways (you may need to remove current license first).

Another way is to visit the plugin page on marketplace and clicking "Try it free" green button in the top right.

It should be also possible to generate new trial license directly through your my.atlassian.com account. 

Let us know if it works.

Thanks,
Gebsun

BTW. This question was labeled with "addon-com.gebsun.plugins.jira.hidetimetracking" label.

Suggest an answer