Attribute or field local to each Kanban?

Anders Skelander November 25, 2022

BACKGROUND

I have one Jira project, type "Software", with lots of tickets/issues coming from a variety of sources.

I have three kanban boards to be used by three persons, representing three stakeholders.

Each of these persons will drag and drop cards in his/her individual kanban, to express ranking according to the stakeholder view.

Ranking done in one kanban is local to it. Dragging and dropping in one kanban, does not influence ranking of cards in the other two. So far so good.

QUESTION

Besides ranking, is there any other property/entity/field,/attribute/whatever, that is local to each kanban?

(I tried "Add flag", but apparently flags set in one kanban, are set in the Jira project tickets/issues, and consequently they show up across all three.)

BR, Anders Skelander

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Anders Skelander 

The reason why flagging the issue shows across all 3 kanban boards is because it's specific to the issue, which is being shared between all 3 kanban boards.

Similarly, ranking settings are board specific, meaning you can choose how you want to rank the issues in your board — as an example, your board may have a ranking setting of ORDER BY Rank ASC.

If you make any changes to any field within the issue itself that is being shared between the 3 boards, then those changes will be seen in other boards. So no, that is not local to each kanban board, because the change is occurring to the issue's attribute (i.e. impact is issue-specific), not board-specific.

Please keep in mind that a board is just a visual representation of how you want to display your issues based on the board's filter in the form of a JQL query. 

Regards,
Hamza

Thanks Hamza!

So are you saying, there is nothing else, board-specific, that could be used instead of flags?

BR, Anders Skelander

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Not really. Aside from Scrum boards (which make changes to the 'Sprint' field), Agile boards are mainly just "views" that sit on top of projects\issues, sort of similar to dashboards.

Like # people like this

Thanks! So the implicit ranking is the only reasonably board-specific property.

BR, Anders Skelander

Suggest an answer