Assignee cannot transition an issue

Angus Smith April 17, 2024

HI team

I have a staff member with a very weird issue.

Rights: They have "config management" rights, and they are a team-member.

Issue: The system will not allow them to "transition" calls nor see the workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hello @Angus Smith 

• Check the workflow to see if there are the transitions that don't allow the transitions of the issue from one status to another
  • Check for the Transition Issues permission as well
  • Check for the Move Issues permission as well

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

The Move Issues permission is what allows them to change the project/issuetype of an issue. They will need to have the Transition Issues permission in the permission scheme associated with the project.

Also, under the top section, there is a 'View Read-Only Workflow' permission. They need to have that permission in order to view the workflow.

I don't know what you mean by "config management" rights, although I'm not sure it matters in this particular instance.

I have done what you recommend, and waiting to hear from my colleague if it all works. Thank you Matt. 

Thanks Perisic.

Angus Smith April 18, 2024

The user can see the workflow now, so thank you for that help, i did not know about that. He still cannot transition this call specifically. He came back to me saying he can transition other calls, but not on this specific project. I'm hoping that point will help narrow down the search.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2024

Can he transition any issue under that project, regardless of issue type? If not, he probably doesn't have the Transition Issues permission on the permission scheme for that project.

If he can transition other issues on the project, then the question is whether he can execute other transitions on this particular issue type or if it's specific transition. Either way, you'll want to look at the workflow to see if there are any Conditions on the workflow transition which he doesn't meet.

Angus Smith April 21, 2024

Looking into this advice...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events