Advanced Search JQL regarding linkshierarchyIssues() for a Kanban Board

Michael Gilmartin January 20, 2021

Hello,

I am currently making a Kanban board filter for a large Platform project with multiple development cross teams involved, but I am having trouble narrowing down the results to the story level. Below is the Hierarchy of our Ticket set up, hopefully this helps. All of our Development teams have their own Project types and will be creating stories under there individual Epics (the Epics are linked to the Large Platform ticket). Under the Individual team Epics they will be creating stories, and those are what I want to track in the Kanban Board.

1. Platform-XYZ (type: project)
    1. Adserver: Epic-ABC (type: Epic)
      1. Adserver: Story-123
      2. Adserver: Story-456
        1. Adserver: Subtask-abc
    2. UI: Epic-DEF
      1. UI: Story -123
      2. UI: Story-456
    3. Datawarehouse: Epic-GHI

I've used the JQL of:[ issue in linksHierarchyIssue(PLATFORM-XYZ) ] as a starting off point and it is returning the Epic level tickets, which are populating in my Epics Panel, but it is not showing any of the issues created under the Epic. Feels like I'm just missing one extra piece to the JQL but I don't know what it is, please help. 

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Gilmartin January 22, 2021

I was able to resolve my issue. I put my original filter issue in linksHierarchyIssue(PLATFORM-XYZ) ] into a second new JQL of [ issue in linksHierarchyFilter("86355") ], 86355 is the filter ID of my original. so this second new JQL is now powering my Kanban board and all ticket types are flowing in nicely.

Hiromichi Kikuchi June 13, 2023

trying to make a filter with issue in linksHierarchyIssue(PLATFORM-XYZ) is not working for me and it gives me an error saying the jql function can not be found. I put the project id for the xyz. Would I have to change that aswell? Please let me know!

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer