Admin access on custom field to Selected users

sunil tattimani July 12, 2019

Hi Jira experts,

I have a cascading custom field which i would want to delegate to some one in the Engineering team for adding values to it. it means any request to add values to that custom field they can do so without depending on the jira admin. Could you please help me out how can we do this in Jira?

Regards,

Sunil

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2019

It sounds like you want them to be able to add values to the cascading select field, correct? If so no; JIRA requires they be admins. I believe there is a plugin that will pull values from a separate database. If you do that you could give them permissions to the separate database. 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2019

hm, maybe you are right, I thought that it was another problem - just setting value in exact issue.

sunil tattimani July 14, 2019

Hi Joseph,  you are right. Could you please provide me the plugin name if you know it

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

I've seen them referenced in the forum but don't know any names. There may be more than one. Search the Marketplace. I'm a contractor and most jobs don't want anything that isn't easy to support so I stick to the major plugins that integrate with the JIRA UI and are easy to use. 

1 vote
Yuval Gershfeld August 15, 2021

Hey @sunil tattimani 

In Methoda we created an add-on that allows non-admins to add/edit and control custom fields, values and screens. It's easy to use and user friendly,

see: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221078/custom-fields-administrator-for-jira-project?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2019

Hi, @sunil tattimani !

You can create new transition and set there screen with this field and a condition on transition to show it just for exact group(Engineering team).

Suggest an answer