Adding new Issue Types is not working

Mohamed Eltayeb September 13, 2014

Hi , 

Ive this strange issue , a fresh installation of JIRA and am trying to add new Issue Types 

When i Click Add , its flicking and nothing happen , not issue added its like function is not working,..

please advise . 

im using latest version of JIRA sever  

5 answers

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2014

Can you please activate safe mode which will disable all third-party plugin (Administration > Plugins > Manage Add-ons > Enable Safe Mode) and try to see if the problem is still reproducible or not ? This will allow us to determine whether this issue is cause by any of the third-party plugins installed into your JIRA instance.

If problem continue to persist, can you please try to raise a support request in https://support.atlassian.com

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2014

It sounds like this would be better handled by opening an issue with Atlassian support. This is a user forum, not support

0 votes
Mohamed Eltayeb September 14, 2014

I did that and no luck i just open ticket with support now

0 votes
Mohamed Eltayeb September 13, 2014

tested on chrome /firefox linux / widnows machine , ive waited for more than 30 mints , when i click on the button after i pit type and desc its loading for sec and nothing the box still open

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2014

What browser are you using? Did you really let the page finish loading completely? Sometimes JIRA needs to rebuild some of the css and javascript files which may cause pages to load for a long time once. (up to 5 minutes).

Suggest an answer