Adding default board administrators when creating a board

Kasturee November 11, 2018

Is there a global setting for JIRA Project Boards where you can add a group as board administrator by default when creating a new board. This group must be loaded in addition to the person who creates the board that gets assigned as board administrator

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hello, Kasturee.

By default, this feature is not available off the shelf as the board creation only allows you to specify the following:

• Board from new project: project name, key, and lead 
  • Board from existing project: board name and project
  • Board from existing Saved Filter: board name and saved filter

May I know the context of adding the group of administrators during the process of creating the new board itself? That will give me a good idea on what you are planning to achieve with this feature. Thanks.

Kasturee November 12, 2018

Hi Ahmad. We created a group for the Scrum Masters which we would like to have loaded as default when a new board is created so that they can assist to administer the board and stand in for each other when a Team's Scrum Master is not available.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2018

Hello, Kasturee.

Thanks for providing the clarification. As we can see in the following screen shot, the administrator(s) can only be added after the board creation and it is to be added per user, rather than group.

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 09.59.53.png

I went ahead and created the following suggestion to address this to the dev / engineering team to see if it possible to have in the future:

Please add the ticket to your watch list and share any additional thoughts to improve this feature. Hope that helps.

Kasturee November 13, 2018

Thank you Ahmad. Will do. 

Just for your info, you are able to add a group as board administrator after it is created. I am manually doing it now.

Like AhmadDanial likes this
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2018

Hi Kasturee.

Noted with thanks! Just realized that I was able to do so on my end. I really appreciate you correcting me on that. :)Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 15.06.40.png

Kasturee November 14, 2018

No prob:)

Suggest an answer