Adding a lot of users to projects

Lia Wieldraaijer October 3, 2019

Hi,

I am using Jira server version 8.1 and I need to add a lot of users (800) to more than one projects in Jira. 

Is there a way to add these users in batch, for example csv upload? The projects are existing projects.

3 answers

2 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

I would rather suggest adding all 800 users to one group and give that group the role in the project :-)

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

And this can be done with a list too :)

0 votes
Ravya Mutyala _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Lia Wieldraaijer ,

You can do this using Bobswift Jira Command Line Interface

You can do a run from CSV with user details in it. Please refer to this examples page from which you can lot more using the app.

Thanks,
Ravya

0 votes
PVS
Banned
October 3, 2019

Hi @Lia Wieldraaijer 

You can add multiple users and groups, and delete those you have accidentally added in this Add users

This Link Is Helps To you 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/adding-users-to-your-project-861255666.html

Thanks,

PVS

Suggest an answer