• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add status to Kanban board in a project with custom workflow Edited

Hi all,

I have a project where I implemented a custom workflow and set the workflow as active scheme to the project.

Now I want to configure my Kansan board to reflect the workflow.

With the Jira-simplified-Workflow I can add status and columns.

But now with my custom workflow I can't add status to the Kanban board, only new columns.

I am admin of the board but do not see the button "Add status" in the "configure Board" page.

Am I missing the button somehow or is it not possible at all to configure a Kanban board if the project work flow ist not the "simplified scheme"?

Thanks, regards
Philip

2 answers

1 vote
Clark Everson Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

Hi @philip_mayer ,

Welcome to the community. To configure the statuses you need to go to the column section of board configuration. Once there on the right hand side you should see the unmapped statuses and you just drag them to the appropriate column.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0813/configuring-columns-1027134722.html

Hope this helps!

Best,

Clark

columns (1).png

Hi @Clark Everson

Thanks for the quick response.

In your image the "simplified workflow" is set for this project. 

If I do this then it looks like on the image and works properly.

To detail my question:

I changed/customized the workflow for the project to fit my requirements.

If I go to the Board configuration again the most right hand column is not displayed and the "Add status" Button is missing.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible to reflect the custom workflow on a Kanban board?

Thanks again
Philip

@philip_mayer the instructions should work for any kind of workflow, columns get set the same regardless. Can you take a screenshot of what you see when you click on Board-> Configure->Columns. I think that could help troubleshoot.

Best,
Clark

Also do what @John Funk  suggested below and make sure the workflow has been published and there is no draft button. If you are unsure feel free to take a screenshot fo that too for us to see.

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Jan 27, 2021

Hi Philip,

Let me make sure I understand. You modified the workflow that a particular project uses.  

But when you go the board you have been using, the new statuses that you added in the workflow are not there.

Is that correct?

It sounds like you might not have published the workflow after the changes. Can you verify that? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

75 views 4 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you