Add multiple work log

mahdi_hosseinali February 4, 2020

I'm working on multiple issues at once so I have to go back and forth between them. Meanwhile, I want to log the number of hours I have worked on each one of them. So I should add the amount of work for each issue on separate times. How can I achieve this? I see only edit and delete under my previous work log, but no option to add more times. 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

Hi @mahdi_hosseinali ,

So you are looking for a way to create more work logs?

You can do this with the "log work" menu entry in the issues, just as you created your first work log.

mahdi_hosseinali February 4, 2020

I was looking for an add button, but just clicking on "tracking time" when the issue is open would have done it.

Eddie Rowe January 11, 2023

Common sense would have said the ability to add another work log should be EXACTLY in the same place you create the first one.  I swear Atlassian is the first vendor who's products require me to search for answers for what should be an easy work flow.

Thankfully I found this post and learned that I have to use a ... in the right pane to find "Log work".

Like TheDote likes this
TheDote March 25, 2024

For those who have also come here.., the top right of the right-hand pane inside your issue.

@atlassian UX fail.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 140736.png3 dots ... > Log Work

2 votes
Alex Caldas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2021

I think it is worth to mention the "Time Tracking" option is displayed under the 3 dots in the upper right corner in the new issue view.

jira-log-work.png

Eddie Rowe January 11, 2023

Thank you for your very helpful reply!

Like bence_bauko95 likes this
0 votes
Thamaraiselvan Born
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2021

Hi, 

Lets have total time for your task is 8h.

1. In first log time you entered 4h and didn't fill the remaining hours so you not able to add next time so edit the log and add remaining time 4h

2. in left panel click time tracking and add another log time.

3. you can add more than the actual assigned log time by clicking "time tracking"

0 votes
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 4, 2020

Hi @mahdi_hosseinali 

Full disclosure, my company is a vendor in the Atlassian marketplace. 

We have an app called EasyTime, that solves this exact issue. It keeps track of time automatically for you and logs time on the ticket you are working on, even when you keep switching between multiple issues.

However, it is currently only available for Server and we're looking to release the app for Cloud by April. We regularly conduct interviews to improve the product and understand use cases just like yours. 

If you'd like to participate contact us on support@techtime.co.nz with 'Attn: Poorvi' as the subject line. We do offer incentives for the interviews we conduct :)

Cheers

Poorvi

Suggest an answer