Add config option to not hide 'export' button in Issue Navigator and Issue view

PhoebusSoftware March 10, 2015

Hi

We have recently installed the Hide Time Tracking plugin.

It is doing everything we asked for and more except for one thing. It prevents some users with less privileges from being able to export issues in the issue navigator and view.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this as we don't want to give them the appropriate privileges but we want them to be able to export.

I am aware that Gebsun support already has a ticket to look into this (HTT-22) but I was wondering if there were any other avenues we could go down, or is it a matter of waiting for HTT-22?

I hope to hear from someone soon regarding this.

Kind regards

Adam

3 answers

0 votes
jsirotek@trask.cz July 27, 2018

Hi @Gebsun Is there any solution already? Thanks for answer

Pedro Fresco July 30, 2018

Hi,

In plugin configuration there is an option to show/hide export button.

See attached image. I

f you have more questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: support@gebsun.com

hide_export_button_htt.png

jsirotek@trask.cz July 30, 2018

Thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user April 2, 2015

The answer to this problem is to install at least version 3.1.0 of the Hide Time Tracking Plugin on your instance and then use the following link to insert this argument into your JIRA configuration and then restart it:

0 votes
Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

Hi Adam,

We will include HTT-22 in the next version but this option will be passed through jvm system properties (and require JIRA restart). We simply don't want to spend time building UI.

For more details see https://gebsun.atlassian.net/browse/HTT-22

Let us know if that solution satisfies your needs.

Cheers, Gebsun

Deleted user March 16, 2015

Could you provide some more information on how to apply the above fix mentioned? Which files and where? Adam

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Hi, As described in the issue you will need to : * go to JIRA installation directory <jira-install>/bin * edit setenv.sh file * in that file find JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS section and add following: -Dcom.gebsun.plugins.jira.htt.export.button.enabled=true * next restart JIRA

Deleted user March 16, 2015

Hi Gebsun Thank you for answering me on this. I thought that may be the case, but didnt know if i was missing something. The reason for this is because I did what you described above and the first time I accessed JIRA as a user with no permission to time tracking but needed export capabilities and it worked, it let me export issues. However once complete i refreshed the page and entered another filter to gather results to export and the export button disappeared again. Do you have any thought on this? Why would it appear, work and then disappear again? Thanks Adam

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2015

That has not been released yet so you should not see Export button at all. What version do you use? If you are able to reproduce the issue with visible Export button then please let us know. We will investigate that. Below is an example how Export button can be enabled in setenv.sh (bat) once this new HTT plugin version is out: JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Dcom.gebsun.plugins.jira.htt.export.button.enabled=true"

Deleted user March 17, 2015

Ahh right.....I misread your original message. I didn't realize that there was the requirement for the plugin to be updated as well. When will the new version of the plugin become available? Thanks Adam

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Hi, We are working on JIRA 6.4 compatibility right now and plan to release new version at the end of next week. You can watch the plugin to be notified when new version is live: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.hidetimetracking Cheers, Gebsun

Deleted user March 31, 2015

Hi Gebsun I have updated the version of the plugin to the recently released version 3.1.0 and applied the configuration setting in the setenv.sh file and restarted JIRA as requested. There does not seem to be any difference. The export button still does not appear for users with no permissions to log time against tickets. Do you have any thoughts on this? Jira is running as a service and is currently on version 6.2.7, which I am thinking may be the issue, but not entirely sure. Hope to hear from you soon on this. Kind regards Adam

Gebsun
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2015

Ah, you are on Windows. Please setup system property according to this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Properties+and+Options+on+Startup setenv.sh is for Linux

Deleted user April 2, 2015

Thanks for this. That has got the functionality working now. I actually needed to use the references with regards to configuring extra java variables in our JIRA instance when it runs as a service. Thanks again Adam

Suggest an answer