Action items in Jira issue editor

Zoltán Lehóczky September 7, 2021

The text editor in Confluence lets you insert an "action item", i.e. a list of checkboxes. This is useful to have tasks that you can tick out when done.

We'd have something similar for Jira to track simple sub-tasks (like a checklist to complete when you finish working on the issue). I know external plugins are available but this seems to be a super-simple feature already available in another part of the product family and thus I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of integrating a third-party solution.

Will action items be available in Jira too? Or are they already, just I didn't notice?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

there are a number of checklist addons in the Marketplace. I use Issue Checklist Pro.

Zoltán Lehóczky September 8, 2021

Thanks, but as I've written, I'm aware of those. I'm specifically asking about a feature that the Confluence editor has but the Jira one doesn't.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Understood. Your observation is accurate == Jira OOTB does not have this capability. I found this suggestion that is gathering interest - JSWCLOUD-18407 . Not an exact match but something you may wish to vote and watch. You might also poke round in JAC for other possible suggestions. Finally consider using the Feedback link in-app to share with Atlassian.

Zoltán Lehóczky September 8, 2021

OK, thanks, opened a new one: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21879

Rylan Evans
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2022

Go up vote Zoltan Lehoczky's idea! This would be so easy and a huge win!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21879

Miesha Williamson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2023

Here in 2023 it would be nice if you could insert an action item in meeting notes and it created an appropriate Jira ticket in WM or SW depending on which place you wanted to create the ticket. The action item could be able to capture the Priority, Owner, and due date in an easy to read spreadsheet like format.

Like claudia likes this

Suggest an answer