About changing forward email for mail handler (SQL command)

HP June 16, 2014

Hi all,

Sometime, for troubleshooting purpose, we will do the db refresh from Production database to Dev database.

After the refresh, some data are using Production data.

So, we have a script which we will execute it after db refresh.

One of the script as below: (this sql is to update the Email Handler's Forward Email from Prod email account to dev email account (devjira@abc.com)

--set the notification addresses for mail services
UPDATE propertystring
SET propertyvalue = 'devjira@abc.com'
WHERE id IN (SELECT id
FROM propertyentry
WHERE property_key = 'forwardEmail'
AND entity_name = 'ServiceConfig'
AND propertytype = 5);

From table, propertystring, I can see the propertyvalue has been updated to devjira@abc.com.

When go to GUI, Log in to Jira > System > Incoming Mail ( we can see lists of Mail Handlers) , at this page, Under Properties, you can see the Forward Email: devjira@abc.com.

But, problem now is if you click on Edit (for any of the Email Handlers), click Next (go to second page for mail Handler configuration), at Forward Email, it will state jira@abc.com(Production email account).

Can anyone advise any field in database that I miss out to update it? Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HP June 17, 2014

My team mate found another field that needed to replace, it is propertystring table (field: propertyvalue). Thanks!

0 votes
HP June 16, 2014

Vijay, yes, restart after the post script running (the sql). Thanks!

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

Hi,

Did you restart JIRA after running the sql script?

Vijay.

Suggest an answer