Upgrade the Jira Cloud + Slack integration to granular permissions

52 comments

James Yale February 10, 2021

LGTM :+1:

Tilal Eltayeb February 11, 2021

I agree with Bartek Grabski unless I am also not understanding the new rights

graffaelli February 16, 2021

@David Michelson - After accepting the new permissions using the link provided, I am still seeing a warning message in the Slack app telling me that "Support for this version of Jira Cloud for Slack app will be dropped on February 19, 2021." Is there a way confirm whether I am using the right version?

Mark Runsvold February 16, 2021

@David Michelson I go to the folloiwing link to upgrade: https://atlassian-slack-integration.services.atlassian.com/api/slack/login?source=community, Select 'Allow' but when still receive the warning message when a jira issue is displayed in our Slack instance. So in other words, it appears that no action is being taken. Pleas advise. Thanks! 

Adrianne Hersrud February 16, 2021

@David MichelsonI am having a similar issue to that listed by graffaelli and Mark Runsvold above. I am both a Jira and Slack admin in my organization. I have not received and upgrade message as listed in this article, but I found the direct link that you provided. I clicked and followed all of the upgrade steps, but other users in my organization are still receiving the warning message.

Matt Black February 16, 2021

We keep getting an error message that the App hasn't upgraded. Slack shows that I've approved it in the website but when any user pastes a link, it tells them to nudge me to update the app. 

Randy Raitz February 16, 2021

I've completed the update as described, but my users are still getting the warning that "Support for this version of Jira Cloud for Slack app will be dropped on February 19, 2021. Please have a slack workspace admin update this app." when they past Jira Cloud URLs into DMs or channels. I'm not exactly sure what to do. I've also noticed that it maybe is only affecting classic projects, but not next gen projects. Any ideas?image (28).png2021_02_16_12_55_53_Slack_Joe_Foster_Faction_4_new_items.png

RobertJ February 16, 2021

We are still seeing this for many of our users: 

jira-support-slack-021621.PNG

Jared Stenquist February 16, 2021

+1 We are still seeing this error after updating permissions

Matthew Miquelon February 16, 2021

I have performed the steps above successfully but still getting messages in Slack that we need to perform the update for permissions?

luke February 16, 2021

I have done this and was told I had successfully upgraded (I approved the new permissions), but still get this message to update every time we link an issue in slack.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 10.09.40 AM.png

Any way to get rid of this message?

jhansoty February 16, 2021

I went to https://atlassian-slack-integration.services.atlassian.com/api/slack/login?source=community and clicked allow.

However I still see this warning message on every JIRA reference

Support for this version of Jira Cloud for Slack app will be dropped on February 19, 2021.
Please have a Slack workspace admin update this app. Learn more about this update.

Does this mean that the update permissions did not take effect or is this just a static message that does not require any action?

Steve Rochefort February 16, 2021

We are also still being nagged after upgrade.

Dave Menconi February 16, 2021

+1 We've updated but still getting the same issues

"Support for this version of Jira Cloud for Slack app will be dropped on February 19, 2021."

Any ideas about what we're doing wrong? 

Kathy Burton February 16, 2021

We did the update on Feb 10th and it shows it was successful, but now when we paste a Jira link in Slack, we get a notice that the update has not yet been done. Is there anywhere I can verify it has the correct permissions?

Thank you,

John Tolle February 16, 2021

Same here.  We upgraded days ago and the error just popped up with a Jira link today as if we'd done nothing.

Dylan Atherton February 16, 2021

I definitely did this granular permissions upgrade, however I'm still receiving the notification that support will be dropped Feb 19 and to have a Slack workspace admin update the app.

When I hit Nudge Admin to update it just sends a something went wrong error.

Any ideas? 

Mike Heyns February 16, 2021

We're also experiencing this issue. We upgraded last week and started seeing these warnings today as well the message that our workspace is already migrated:

jira-slack-err.png

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Thank you all so much for your helpful feedback. We have written a fix to disable the warnings for workspaces that have already migrated and you should no longer be seeing them.

Like Dave Menconi likes this
Bartek Grabski February 17, 2021

@David MichelsonAny chance someone can address my concerns about new extremely elevated required scopes for the new app?

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Upgrade-the-Jira-Cloud-Slack-integration-to-granular-permissions/bc-p/1607892#M3916

Like Christian Reichlin likes this
Richard Anyaneto February 18, 2021

Can you please advise on an update concerning the matter as I have users who are raising concerns and worries that Jira/Slack integration will stop working for them tomorrow...

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

@Bartek Grabski Thank you for following up. 

The app does not have any functionality to create new channels on your behalf. However, the permission scopes channels:write / groups:write are required to be able to provide the following functionality:

This is used when you share a link to a Jira issue within Slack and Jira Cloud for Slack bot is invited to the channel to fulfill the functionality.

@Richard Anyaneto can you clarify what you are confused about? The Jira app needs to be updated by an admin of your Slack workspace. All admins of the Slack workspace should have received a message with a button to "Update permissions" for the app as shown in the article. If you can't find this, you can simply use this URL: https://atlassian-slack-integration.services.atlassian.com/api/slack/login?source=community

Like Bartek Grabski likes this
Emily Bauer February 18, 2021

Hello! As of 1.5hours ago, my colleagues are still receiving the "Nudge admin to update" message today after we updated on Feb 9th. Any suggestions? TIA!

Richard Anyaneto February 18, 2021

Hi @David Michelson there is no confusion here. I had already clicked on the update permission since 10th Feb but the other admins (me being one of them) continued to receive the notification to update permissions or else the Jira app would stop working.

I have also seen Emily advised the same so what is the answer to this please as I do not want to wait to tomorrow and discover the app had stopped working!

David Michelson
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2021

@Richard Anyaneto @[deleted] 

Thank you for following up. I totally understand your concern!

If you've already updated the app, you will not need to worry about your Jira/Slack integration ceasing to function. Any messaging that says you still need to update after you have updated is not expected - we're taking a look on our end. We believe we've stopped most instances of erroneous messaging after a workspace has already upgraded, but it seems we may have missed something.

If you want to make sure you've completed the update, I would just follow this URL as a Slack workspace admin and make sure that you click "Allow" to accept on the granular permissions. https://atlassian-slack-integration.services.atlassian.com/api/slack/login?source=community

Keep in mind that you should double check which workspace you are upgrading in the top-right corner of the page this URL links to, as shown in the article above.

Like Emily Bauer likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events