👋 Jira Cloud’s old issue view is going away soon

254 comments

John Schroedl February 27, 2023

I'm here because the New View doesn't seem to provide a way to view an item's History. In the Old View it's one of the Activity tabs. Does anyone know how to see the history in the New View?

Update: It's in the combobox choices next to Activity

Adam Parker March 2, 2023

cant understand this idiotic change to something that was working fine to something that the vast majority of users hate using. did you make the change just to look busy? what was the point?

Like • # people like this
Clive Williams March 10, 2023

Our tickets use unique labels to identify our environments we have over 150 of them.
I could extract a text string from an inventory containing all of the environments affected by the ticket e.g.

lab-1 lab-2 lab-3 lab-4 lab-5 lab-6 lab-7 lab-8 lab-9 lab-10 lab-11 lab-12 lab-13 lab-14 lab-15 lab-16 lab-17 lab-18 lab-19 lab-20

As I pasted it into the field and pressed the space bar the old view would split them into the required  individual entries.

I work in the new view but switched to the old view just for this functionality,

Do you know how tedious it is selecting the label one by one from a drop-down list as forced by the new view.

Sometime new doesn't mean better!

STOP PRESS!

I found a workaround to this issue:

1. Create the Jira record and leave the affected labels blank.
  2. Advanced Search: Key = <record key>
  3. Only one record is returned.
  4. Select: Bulk change all (1) issue (under the ... menu option)
  5. Edit the issue.
  6. Find the required label field.
  7. Paste the space delimited list of labels then press space; the list will expand and create individual label tags as it did in the "old view".
  8. Select "Next" and continue and confirm the changes.
Like • # people like this
John Rocha April 5, 2023

Hello,  Here is another regression bug with the new view that Atlassian marked as a feature request.

Be sure to add your votes.

JRACLOUD-80851 "Comment links should take you to the top of the comment"

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events