Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant one of my service desk users add participants

Justin Clark March 2, 2021

I have 2 users in a group.  while working on issue tickets 1 user can add participants while the other cannot.  Their user profiles are identical.  any reason why 1 of them can add participants while the other cannot?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@Justin Clark - hi Justin! Do the users have identical permissions for that Jira project?

Justin Clark March 2, 2021

Hi Dave.  Yes they are identical.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

Can they both try to add the same user(s) as participants?

Do you know if either user is working on the ticket from the agent view, or customer portal view?

Justin Clark March 3, 2021

both are working from the agent view.  When adding any user 1 can the other has can see the participants but is unable to add any at all.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Justin Clark - is it possible that one of the users is not logged in with the user that you think they're logged in as? Say, if your company has domain aliases or some other reason why a teammate might have several user accounts? Just thinking through all the possibilities. 😊

good thought, but I verified that is not the case here. Only 1 account for this user on our domain as well.   I have logged in as the user and confirmed this issue.  I am truly stumped on the why here.  I have even deleted the user account and recreated to ensure that the account profile is correct

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

More sanity checks:

• Do both users have the same project-level permissions (that is, the same roles)?
  • Do both users have the same group memberships? Maybe one user has site admin and the other doesn't?

yeah same roles, same group memberships neither are site admins.  

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

Interesting! Going to raise the bat signal for this one and ask a few other Community folks to take a look.

(In case you didn't know, we're all volunteers here.)

I was not aware that all were volunteers.  I greatly appreciate the assistance and all help given.  Truly am grateful for the help.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Justin Clark - try this.

Familiar with the built-in permission helper? Go to the ticket where the users are trying to add participants. Tap G-G, type in Permission Helper.

Put in the name of the user who can't add participants, then check that user against the permission "Assign Users".

Hopefully it catches something we haven't caught ourselves! 🤞

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

Hi @Justin Clark ,

Trying to see if I can offer some help before batman shows up. 

Is there any chance you can provide us with some screenshots? Mainly of how the screen of both users looks. You mention one of them cannot add a participant, how exactly does that manifest? 

• they don't see the field?
  • it is read only?
  • they have no options when typing?
Justin Clark March 5, 2021

@Dave Liao @Dirk Ronsmans Was able to track it down with the permission helper and get her proper access.  Thank you all for the great suggestions and help on this!!!! 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Glad the Permission Helper ... helped!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events