Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation of request information

noa harel May 3, 2021

Hi everyone,

Do you recommend overriding the fields filled in the original request form by the customer such as the type of problem, priority, etc. or do you create duplicate fields and update the real information in them?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Generally speaking I would not create duplicate fields. I think changing the request type is fine. the priority is a bit more sensitive but if you have a clear policy on priorities then I think it’s fine to change the priority as well. However if you feel that sends the wrong customer message then consider creating a new field maybe severity. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Just as an opinion of my own about priority, I would never let a customer set the priority directly.

What they could do is choose an impact or/and an urgency of their ticket and based on that the agents will calculate automatically/set the priority.

But even there it's tricky because what is high or medium? I'm sure any user will find their issues to be critical/high. So proper communication about your urgency/impact matrix will also help.

other than that, I second @Jack Brickey  in overwriting the fields and not duplicating them. If they were categorized wrong you should be able/allowed to rectify that. 

(this does not mean play with the values to avoid SLA breach :))

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

I agree with Dirk on this. Allow the customer to say how important the issue is to them and the urgency. But priorities are generally set internally by the agent team. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events