Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using project automation for issue creation and want to be notified when reporter is as customer

Patrick October 12, 2020

I have created a project automation where I want to send a microsoft team message into a channel when the reporter meets the criteria of beeing a customer. Tried out if reporter is a customer or reporter is in role Service Desk Customers. Both don't work and it is written in the audit log it is written "User Condition: The following issues did not macht the conditions" even when the issue creator is in this specific service desk a registered customer.

I think there is something wrong with our definition of roles or simmilar but didn't find anything like that online.

Please help, thanks

3 answers

0 votes
tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Dear Patrick,

role members are configured on the project level. You find the roles in the project settings.

Normally all customer accounts are automatically assigned to the role "Service Desk Customer".

Actually I'm testing your configuration with my Jira Service Desk (JSD) instance. This might not be of much use to you because I'm testing with JSD Server. At least it is a second pair of eyes on this issue.

Kind regards,

Tobias

tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Oh, its even worse. I get a Null Pointer Exception. Nice. I'll have to create a support case for that.

Screenshot_2020-10-15_21-57-28.png

More importantly the customer account was not added to the role "Service Desk Customers". Not sure if I test correctly though. My test user was already in the system and not created with the test issue.

What's your use case in this respect? Are all the customers already known in the system prior to their first issue creation. Or are your customers registered on the fly when they create their first issue?

I also tested your second approach which checks if Reporter is a customer. This worked for me:

Screenshot_2020-10-15_22-08-54.png

Could you please change your if condition to check for a specified user. So really define the user explicitly. I know this is not what you want but sometimes it helps in debugging to simplify the case first.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Patrick October 15, 2020

Dear Tobias
thank you for your respond.

My customers are already existing in the system but are not added automaticly to the role Service Desk Customers as I see it. As it is automaticly I don't know how to enforce it.

To define a user explicitly works fine. I changed the rule already. I can almost do anything with the automation rule except recognise when the issue is created by a customer (by role or status).

Thanks a lot

Patrick

tokcum
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2020

Dear Patrick,

thanks for confirmation. I can't see any other way to proceed despite contacting Atlassian support.

Have a nice weekend.

Tobias

Patrick October 20, 2020

Ok. Thank you for your time.

Patrick

0 votes
Patrick October 13, 2020

Hi @Manon Soubies-Camy 

I am using a project automation rule.

Here is the screenshot of the condition:

image.pngThis is the one with is in role. I also tried Reporter is a customer:

image.pngYes the user created one of the issues that failed is visible from the customers menue:

image.png

image.pngimage.png

image.pngBelongs to Service Desk Customer Role? How do I check that? But he is not on any other role as I know so far.

Best regards
Patrick

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Hi @Patrick and welcome to Community!

Can you please share a screenshot of the condition you're using? Is this a project automation rule or a global one?

Can you also please check if the user creating the issue:

• Is visible from the Customers menu (in the left side bar)? 
  • Belongs to Service Desk Customers role?
  • Is only a customer or belongs to any other role?

Best,

- Manon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events