I have created a project automation where I want to send a microsoft team message into a channel when the reporter meets the criteria of beeing a customer. Tried out if reporter is a customer or reporter is in role Service Desk Customers. Both don't work and it is written in the audit log it is written "User Condition: The following issues did not macht the conditions" even when the issue creator is in this specific service desk a registered customer.
I think there is something wrong with our definition of roles or simmilar but didn't find anything like that online.
Please help, thanks
Hi @Patrick and welcome to Community!
Can you please share a screenshot of the condition you're using? Is this a project automation rule or a global one?
Can you also please check if the user creating the issue:
I am using a project automation rule.
Here is the screenshot of the condition:
This is the one with is in role. I also tried Reporter is a customer:
Yes the user created one of the issues that failed is visible from the customers menue:
Belongs to Service Desk Customer Role? How do I check that? But he is not on any other role as I know so far.
role members are configured on the project level. You find the roles in the project settings.
Normally all customer accounts are automatically assigned to the role "Service Desk Customer".
Actually I'm testing your configuration with my Jira Service Desk (JSD) instance. This might not be of much use to you because I'm testing with JSD Server. At least it is a second pair of eyes on this issue.
Oh, its even worse. I get a Null Pointer Exception. Nice. I'll have to create a support case for that.
More importantly the customer account was not added to the role "Service Desk Customers". Not sure if I test correctly though. My test user was already in the system and not created with the test issue.
What's your use case in this respect? Are all the customers already known in the system prior to their first issue creation. Or are your customers registered on the fly when they create their first issue?
I also tested your second approach which checks if Reporter is a customer. This worked for me:
Could you please change your if condition to check for a specified user. So really define the user explicitly. I know this is not what you want but sometimes it helps in debugging to simplify the case first.
thank you for your respond.
My customers are already existing in the system but are not added automaticly to the role Service Desk Customers as I see it. As it is automaticly I don't know how to enforce it.
To define a user explicitly works fine. I changed the rule already. I can almost do anything with the automation rule except recognise when the issue is created by a customer (by role or status).
Thanks a lot
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events