• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

use country list as dropdown menu for project request

I want to have a request field that is a country dropdown list that contains all 196 countries. how do i do this in a JSM project?

Do I have to use a classic project setup?

In a nextgen project I can only input 56 options max.

cheers

Steph

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

That is a long list to scroll thru. I would use a cascading list where the user picks continent and then country. I don’t believe NG supports cascading but haven’t looked of late. 

Thanks Jack!

I will have a look in a classic project setup. I guess I can also have this as a free text box to make it even easier, but was thinking a dropdown list would better help to standardise the request details for automation rules.

Cheers

Steph

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 04, 2021

Hi @Stephanie Bannister 

I had the same requirement and indeed used a single select custom field with 196 options. You can do a type ahead/filtering while typing on it so the scrolling isn't too much of an issue.

A free text field would be "easier" to implement but also is just a mess for reporting or automation.

Thankyou @Dirk Ronsmans,

How does one specify a type ahead/filtering condition? if you have a handy link to any documentation (can be a classic project type also, I am thinking it's easier to switch for more customisation flexibility).

Cheers

Steph

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jan 05, 2021

hey @Stephanie Bannister ,

That is by default. If you add the field on a form you can type in it and it will pre-filter the list based on your input.

Like Stephanie Bannister likes this

Thank you! I am a bit of a newcomer to JIRA admin so this is very helpful to know.

Cheers

Steph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

189 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you