cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time to assign sla

Angie July 28, 2020

Greetings 

can i kindly ask for assistance in this "Time to assign SLA"

when an issue is created from the Create button my time to assign is still ticking as if the issue is not assigned.

When Create the assign is on the creation screen so they assign same time when they create it. 

maybe i missed something please assist 

I have attached a screenshot showing the time to assign still counting 

and i have attached my Project SLA 

Time to assign still ticking.PNGTime to assign SLA.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Hi @Angie ,

Could you share a screenshot of the issue history (accessible through the activity section of the issue towards the bottom of the page)?

Angie July 29, 2020

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} 

please see attach your assistance will be highly appreciate.  Time to assign still ticking History.PNG

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2020

Well, issue history indicates that there is no change in the assignee field that is why SLA is still counting. I'm guessing that someone assigned the ticket to you at the moment of issue creation and that doesn't satisfy SLA end condition. Try changing the assignee to someone else and SLA will stop. 

You might wanna revise your SLA configuration or leave assignee field as unassigned when issue is created.

Angie July 29, 2020

Hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}  

What do i need to do on this SLA Configuration for when an issue is assign in the creation screen to stop the SLA? because i do not want to leave the assignee field as unassigned when issue is created. 

please see SLA Configuration below, what i can do to fix this Time to assign SLA.PNG

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
July 30, 2020

Do your issues transition to a status when you assign the issue? Then you can use that status as an SLA stop condition.

Assignee: Changed can stay but it won't work if you don't change the assignee.

Maybe using a comment also work. 

In short, is there an issue action that happens when/ just after the issue is assigned?

Angie August 13, 2020

hi @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} no there is no action that happens after issue is assigned. 

The issue will wait for the person it it assigned to to comment on it or resolve it 

Angie August 14, 2020

SLA time to assign.PNG

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
August 17, 2020

How about adding the Issue: Resolved option to SLA End condition? This way, if the assigned doesn't change during the lifecycle of the issue, SLA will end when the issue is resolved. Alternatively, if the issue is reassigned, then this will end the SLA which is the original SLA configuration anyway. This way, you won't have any stray SLAs still counting even if the issue is closed.

Please let me know whether this is applicable to your use case.

Regards,

Gökçe

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
September 3, 2020

Hello @Angie 

As an alternative, you can try SLA Time and Report add-on. It helps to configure, track, and generate SLAs reports. It has flexible start/stop conditions which allow you to set different types of assignee fields. The most appropriate for you is "assignee is not empty" condition and you'll get the necessary info

If you have any additional questions, I'm here to help you.

Best regards, Marianaскрін-1пнг.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events