Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screens and Select List (single choice) default value

Mohamed Saad Taha September 8, 2022

Dears,

I have different requests sharing the same screen and when I add Custom filed Select List (single choice) used in one request and configured default value I found this filed appear in other request with the default value although it is no configured in the other requests 

how can I solve this other than creating different screens 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha 

You have to create request types using different issue types. For these issue types you have to to create separate screens and screen scheme. In these screens you will choose all the necessary fields.

Doing all the above will result in having different fields for your different request types.

Read more here:

HI @Alex Koxaras _Relational_  I am using different request type but same screen 

is there anyway without changing the screens ?

BR, 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

If you are using the same issue type for X request types, then no. To all these X request types this field will be visible and applied with the default value.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Now that I'm thinking of it, you could use script runner's behavior to change default values and hide the field from any request type. Do you have this app installed?

NO, Iam using one issue type for each request but only screen is shared with all request types

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

If you don't have scriptrunner installed then you have to create separate screens (and screen schemes) for separate issue types which will be associated to separate request types. The links I've pasted on my previous comment should be enough to help you with that.

Like Mohamed Saad Taha likes this
0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Saad Taha ,

Create a field context for that particular custom field, set default value in it and then map it to required project and issue type only. 

Remove the default value from general field context. It will be get auto mapped to rest all of the projects and issue type 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-custom-field-contexts-1047552717.html

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

@Rilwan Ahmed if that field appears on the rest of the request types, this mean that all request types are using the same issue type. So field context will do nothing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events