Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict customers to specific knowledge base spaces or pages

ddraveh July 8, 2020

I'm using JSD as a customer support site and share content with my customers using Confluence as a knowledge base.

I saw it is possible to hide some of the content from all customers, but is it possible to share specific content (spaces or pages) with specific customers?

For example, providing a customer a link to a SW fix using Confluence, w/o other customers being able to get it? or releasing SW updates only to specific customers?

Thanks,

Danny

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hello,

Its a bit of a complicated answer.

Customer can only see confluence from the service desk, so they can only see that space, and its open to everyone. If you want to give access to different people and different information, then you will need this people to be confluence user (pay license) and restrict the space and permissions.

You could, as workaround if the users are divided by organization or something like that, create a jira project/customer portal for each. So each group of people have their own project with their own space in confluence , without being able to see other spaces and have the information divided.

ddraveh July 9, 2020

thanks!

ddraveh July 22, 2020

Hi,

I understand that confluence is visible to all customers and organizations and is used as a shared knowledge base.

Is there any other Atlassian tool that can be used to share specific content with specific (non paying) users?

It seems like an important capability when working when different customers each is eligible to different upgrades, patches, licenses, etc.

Perhaps you can consider this as a feature request…

Thanks,

Danny

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events