Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restapi create table in description view missing

Sai Sadhu August 11, 2020

Hi, 

I am trying to create a table in jira description using the markup language but when I refresh the page I see the table for a split second and then switches back to markup. I am not sure if I am missing something. Can you please help me with this?

Adding a screenshot of the markup language that I used. Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.35.18 PM.png

cheers

Sai

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hello @Sai Sadhu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The new issue view uses markdown formatting and not wiki markup, that's why the table it's not rendering correctly.

You can find more information here: New Atlassian editor

The editor in the new issue view uses markdown rather than wiki markup. Right now, if you've added wiki markup in the old editor, we'll render it correctly in the new issue view. As we continue to roll out the new issue view and new editor, wiki markup support will be phased out and eventually removed in favor of markdown

The syntax for a table using markdown is:

| Syntax      | Description |

| ----------- | ----------- |

| Header      | Title       |

| Paragraph   | Text        |

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Sai Sadhu August 13, 2020

Hi Angelica, Thanks for your response. I just checked, still not rendering properly even with the new format. When i refresh, yes for a quick second I see the table. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2020

Thank you for testing, Sai.

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to know if you can share with us the endpoint you are using. 

We tested here and the table is indeed not being formatted as expected, but it's showing differently from what you are mentioning. 

Please, let us know the endpoint so we can test here to confirm if it's a bug.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events