Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Project picker" custom field type only available as hidden field in Service Management client form

sylvain_lanthier2_bell_ca January 13, 2022

Is there a way to override this and bring that functionality up to customer view?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@sylvain_lanthier2_bell_ca -

I was not able to repo your issue while adding a custom field (using the Project Picker field type) to our JSM project's request type form.  Did you evaluate your effected request type form fields setup?  I assumed you already there.

One other issue is that even it works, you need to know that Customer (may not have access to the project listings), thus it will results in an empty list.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

sylvain_lanthier2_bell_ca January 13, 2022

Thank you Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@sylvain_lanthier2_bell_ca  -

You are welcome.  If my reply helped, please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

1 vote
Answer accepted
sylvain_lanthier2_bell_ca January 14, 2022

FYI, I was able to achieve it using Elements Connect application.

Thank you all for your suggestions

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

I do not believe there is a way to do this.  Customers are not supposed to have any knowledge of your internal projects, that's of no use to their requests.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- -

Agreed on your statement in relate to "Customer".

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events