Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Please provide a value for required field XXX" message is not translated in Jira Service Management

Our portal's default language is English, but I have activated Japanese to support our customers. We have some required fields in our request form, however, it seems that the error message "Please provide a value for required field XXX" is not translated to Japanese.

When I change my own account's language to Japanese all fields are shown in Japanese. When you also create an issue using the Create button in the project (not via the customer portal), the error message is shown in Japanese.  But that is not the case with the customer portal.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue? Would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Lyndsay Bello

Thanks for calling this to our attention. We looked into this issue and have now fixed the root cause of this. I can confirm our fix has been rolled out into production and you should now see this error message localized in Japanese and other non-English languages we support. 

Please feel free to raise a bug ticket with any further translation, localization or internationalization issues you encounter in Atlassian products in the I18N Jira project at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=11460&issuetype=1. We'd be happy to help you.

Many thanks,

Melanie  

Hi @Melanie Heighway ,

Thanks for fixing it! Noted on raising a bug ticket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

276 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you