Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No options" in automation rules user selection page

Canay Cavus January 26, 2021

"The user to run automation rules is misconfigured

Automation rules run as a specific user. The user selected to run these rules no longer exists or does not have sufficient permissions anymore, so automation rules have stopped running."

When I tried to select another user from my team, I see that there is "no options". Last user who has a permission has been deleted and now we want to assign another user. How can I solve this problem? Even as an admin, I cannot make any changes on that page.

1 answer

0 votes
Brent Thayer January 27, 2021

So there are a few questions here. 

1. Jira has a few different admin roles, project admin, site admin, org admin etc. What admin role are you? If you are a project admin you wont be able to make changes to global rules. If you are a site admin you should be able to edit the Trigger in the automation under Settings>System>Automation Rules.

2. When you say they "stop running" is this because they were automatically triggered based on what a user did or where they manually triggered by the user using the automation option in the view issue screen?

3. Have you tried creating a group and assigning that to the automation instead of an individual user?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events