Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Low Tier" Technicians

Andrew Q_ February 16, 2020

I currently have a 12-man team for tech support. However, only core people (5 persons) use Jira Service Desk as some users (7 persons) are considered "muscle" workforce. For short they do not need/use Service desk. However, I still want to have metrics with the 7 persons like their response times, issues assigned etc. Do I really need to pay the $10 fee per month for this 7 persons or maybe there's a workaround to do this?

Thanks 

2 comments

Pavel Adamovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2020

Hi @Andrew Q_ 

Unlicensed technicians can not work on issues in Jira Service Desk, so you can not even assign ticket to them. So answer is no - without paying for agent license you can not track theirs metrics or get any info about them related to service desk.

Like Andrew Q_ likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2020

While indeed the cleanest way would be to use the real metrics and assign the tickets to these users, a "dirty" workarround could be to use a custom field "Technician" and create a list of your "muscle force" there.

If your 5 real users are the ones who assign the tickets and triage them I can see some validity in doing it like this.

You can still have them check in with your core users to change states and have them work as true off-site technicians that never enter the tool but exist purely as data.

Like Andrew Q_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events