Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permission web portal

Orlando Vanhove January 13, 2020

Hi, 

We have two projects active. both using the webportal. but if we create a customer in project B and this person goes to the webportal, they don't seem to have permission on the webportal. When a customer of project A logs on to the webportal it  works just fine.

I can’t find a project permission setting in project B that would grant this access. 

tmp.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hello @Orlando Vanhove

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, it seems that all the customers added to project B are not being able to access the portal at all, while the users from project A are accessing it just fine.

Please check the following details:

1 - Navigate to project B > Project Settings > Permissions > check if the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access is added to the browse project's permission. If it is not, you must add it to the permission to allow your customers to access the portal.

2 - On the customer's section of project B, make sure the customer is properly added with the same e-mail he is trying to access the portal:

3 - Navigate to project B > Project Settings > Request Types > Check if there is at least one request type that is not hidden from Portal

Let us know if you have any questions.

Orlando Vanhove January 20, 2020

Hi Petter,

Thanks for you reply.

1. The portal access seems to be correctly added to the browse project's permissions:

browse projects.jpg

2. the customer who is accessing the portal is correctly added to the project:

customer.jpg

3. So I think the solution is perhaps in the Request Types.

When looking at the request types we have only one type:

request type.jpg

When looking at this request type settings and fields, I don't see that it would be hidden for the portal?

requet type 2.jpg

But I did notice the request type is assigned to user group 'global'

Perhaps this has impact?group.png

Is there perhaps something where I need to allow this group in this project access to the web portal?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello Orlando,

Thank you for your reply.

Some quick questions:

1 - Can the customers from project A access that request type of Project B in the web portal? Since both projects are in the same web portal, they should be able to access it by clicking in "Help Desk" link to rollback to the Startpage of the portal:

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 10.40.19.png

2 - Can you try to create a new test request type with a new request type group and check if it appears in the portal?  It seems your current request type "Lodge complaint" is properly added with a valid group, but maybe some setting in the issue workflow could be blocking it from the portal.

Let us know your results from the tests above. 

Orlando Vanhove January 21, 2020

Hi Petter,

1. I don't see any "help desk" link on the startpage of our portal.

This startpage for customers (of project A who don't get the permission -error) looks like this:

portal.jpg

2. I've created a new request type in de 'global' group, the problem remains (I also re-indexed the project , don't know if it was needed in this case)

I even tried by creating a new group and then a new request type in that group... problem remains.

portal2.jpg

0 votes
Orlando Vanhove February 5, 2020

Hi, any update on this query please?

0 votes
Orlando Vanhove January 28, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves  Hi Petter, any update on this topic please?

we still can't use our portal for customers in project B... :-(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Orlando Vanhove

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events