multi-tenancy in JSM (Data Center)

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 28, 2023

Hello,

We are currently looking into the possibility of using Jira Service Management in the Data Center version.

We have a question about multi-tenancy:
Is it possible in JSM (Data Center) that multiple separately created instances can be created ( here must be separate data pots per organizational unit).

If yes, is it possible to have tickets flow between instances?

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden

I'm not sure what you exactly mean with "flow between instances", but here's my interpretation. Some tickets should be copied to other instances or even being kept in sync between the instances.

Copy issues between instances
If you're only interested in a copy between the instances, you could go for a simple Automation which kicks in whenever you want it and creates the issue at the other instance using a REST endpoint (send web request action).

Syncing between instances
If you're looking for a solution to sync an issue from instances to another and keep them in sync afterwards, you can also try to automate it yourself, but I'd recommend to use an issue sync solution then. These apps are specialized for this use case and you can simply configure what you want to exchange.

Cheers,
Matthias

PS: I'm part of the Backbone Issue Sync team, one of these issue sync apps. Let us know via support.k15t.com if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events