Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail handler gmail error lookup failed

Farbod Ziaee August 12, 2020

Hi There, I created the mailhandler in Jira service desk, and when I run the test, it's giving me the "mail handler gmail error lookup failed" error. please advice. thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hello @Farbod Ziaee,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Reading the details you provided, I believe that you added a custom email in Jira Core's mail handler and not Service Desk.

With that said, you can remove the one you created and add the custom email address directly in the project where is the correct place for the mail handler for Service Desk to work correctly.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Farbod Ziaee August 19, 2020

@Angélica Luz 

Hi, thanks for your reply. We figured that issue but we're not getting any comments once the use replies back to the ticket. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2020

On Service Desk we can check the logs for the mail handler, so if Jira is processing the emails, but the comments are not added, it's possible to see what is causing this.

Please, go to Project settings > Email requests > View logs (Classic) or Project settings > Channels > Email > View logs (Next-gen).

On the Processing Log tab, it's possible to see the status for each message that Jira processed. 

Please, let us know if it shows any error for the emails that were not added as a comment.

Farbod Ziaee August 20, 2020

Thank you for your reply. All of them are successful. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2020

Thank you for the information, Farbod. 

Is everything working as expected? 

Since it shows "Success", it means that Jira processed the message.

What may be happening, in this case, is that the person that replied to the notification doesn't have permission on the original ticket and Jira is creating a new one instead of adding a comment. 

For example, you create a ticket and add me as the reporter. Then instead of replying, I forward this email to someone else. Once the third person replies, since they were not added as a participant on the ticket, their comment won't be added to the original ticket, Jira will create a new one.

What I'm trying to say is that it's important to confirm if who is trying to add the comment on the ticket has the correct permission.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events