Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link issues with different teams and workflows

mehran khadivi April 25, 2023

hi every one

I have multiple teams with multiple workflows in jira service desk which should link together.

for example, when a team has done actions in their own workflows I want to set automation that links issues to another workflow Until the next team can start their job.

In summary,  for each customer create multiple issues for each team that all of it link together 

in this case which is better?
1. I create multiple projects for each team and link issues with automation between projects
2. I create one project with multiple issue types for each team 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hi @mehran khadivi

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I'm not sure if I fully understood your scenario, but I'm asking some questions to move the topic forward.

What's the desirable outcome for your customer(s)?

• Do they need to know that the issue is handled by different teams?
  • Do they need to communicate with the various sub-teams throughout the process - or is it more waiting until the ticket is passed through?

Good to know

• If you create separate issues in several projects, your customers would need to track the various tickets themselves (without having sth. to group them together).
  • Customers are not shared between JSM projects by default, you'd need to come up with your own solution to add the customers to the other projects.

Possible solution

• As far as I understand your scenario right now, I'd create one JSM project where your customer sees exactly one ticket. That's their place of communication. For this ticket, you could come up with a separate workflow which tells the customer in which stage (which team) the ticket is currently in.
  • In the background, you can use Automation to create separate tickets for the separate teams, possibly also in non-JSM projects (up to you). Your automation rules can then make sure that the comments (or other data) is flowing as you want.
  • If you don't want to care about the Automation rules, you could also choose to use an issue sync app. I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync and happy to discuss with you the specifics of such a solution via support.k15t.com.

I hope, this helps you with some more clarification. If you provide details, I (or someone else) will be happy to help you further.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events