Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira to jira integration

Dan Allenby February 3, 2021

Hi all,

We have a client who is also using Jira Service Desk to log tickets internally, however when logging on they use SSO from within there company.   

I have added them as a customer into our service desk, but it asks them to create a new profile, which they do not want to do, they would rather use their existing account and just switch between service desks when they need to log a ticket with us.  Is there any way we can link their accounts as a customer in ours so they can log tickets effectively? 

Thanks,

Dan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Dan Allenby , 

I think in thie case you should add them as a user without access to any product : this way they can then be added as customers on the JSD project, but it will be with their existing Atlassian account. I have done this for example on my test instance for the customer "Adam Driver" : 

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 10.47.42.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Dan Allenby February 3, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Unfortunately i am unable to find that screen.  

I can only see the users under the customer that i added in my service desk.  I added the customer name, and then added their email address as a part of that customer. This then asked them to sign up again, but i was hoping it would link to their existing account under the same email. 

Thanks,

Dan

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Dan Allenby , 

you must be a Site Administrator to create a global user account (they're different from the one you create when addind a Customer to a JSM project) :

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 17.15.24.png

If you're not Site Admin, you should get in touch with the person in charge in your organization.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events