Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jira asset/insight automatically associate referencing object when edit a object

maomaocui September 19, 2024

Managing the assets of a central data center involves numerous racks, with each rack accommodating a standard of 20 servers and switches. Each switch has 24 ports. I have established an object architecture where servers and network devices are categorized under racks; within the network devices, there are switches and routers. Ports are defined as an independent object type, with two additional object types: port type and port status. The attributes of the port object include port number, port type, port status, and connected server. Except for the port number, the other three are object references to facilitate management. In the properties of the switch object type, I added a port information attribute, which is a multi-value reference to the port object. I want the effect that when creating an instance of the switch object, selecting the corresponding port object instance would trigger a pop-up to continue filling in the corresponding port type, port status, and the connected server. However, despite trying various methods, I can only select the port object instance without the pop-up for entering the corresponding type, status, and connected server. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2024

Hi @maomaocui 

Welcome to the Community!

I'm a picture person :-) Are you able to provide a screen shot of your schema?

Pop-ups are not native, but forms can have sections that are conditional, and custom fields can use other custom fields to filter results, so I'm trying to get a picture of what you are attempting.

Cheers

Mark

maomaocui September 22, 2024

I tried two solutions, this is solution one 

7D1E5926-6C44-4ee1-9E07-AC3678D5D38B.pngC4D956C8-7D5A-46c1-93FD-31D595BE120F.pngF8E46DB7-91F3-4373-990C-EB29E37063D3.png

and this is solution two

Snipaste_2024-09-23_13-40-19.pngSnipaste_2024-09-23_13-40-47.pngSnipaste_2024-09-23_13-40-59.pngSnipaste_2024-09-23_13-41-09.png

Mark Higgins
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2024

Hi @maomaocui 

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go away and think on that.

How are you creating the instance of the switch object?

Cheers

Mark

maomaocui September 24, 2024

The attributes of a switch are almost the same as those of a router.

截屏2024-09-24 22.32.54.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events