I have these 4 CSV files i want to import in Jira Cloud (See attachments):
1. JIRA_CHANGELOGS.CSV (Changelog )
- a table containing all the changes an issue goes through. Including the change itself, who changed the field and when it happened.
2. JIRA_ISSUES.CSV (ISSUES )
- a table with all the field currently available in the organisation for an issue\
3. JIRA_LABELS.CSV (Labels_File )
- this is the list of labels that can be assigned to an issue to describe it.\
4. JIRA_COMPONENTS.CSV (Components)
- this is the list of components that can be assigned to an issue to describe it.\
When i'm trying to import de JIRA_ISSUES.CSV this error message is shown:
In order for the CSV importer to do its job, it must provide a CSV header row that corresponds to the project type. The available project types are: service_desk, business.
My questions are:
1.- What this error means? I was following the tutorial that says to import projects i only need the project key and project name. is this correct?
2.- Do i need to import these files in some order?
3.- All the fields in the files attached are correct? or i have to first create some custom fields? The CSV are incorrect?
Thank you in advance.
Hi @henry v ,
The prerequisite of CSV import is:
You should have project and fields including custom fields(if any) should be already created on target machine before CSV import on target Jira instance.
During CSV import please do the mapping as the screenshot and also check corresponding of other fields and custom fields it is very important step in CSV import
Hope this helps,
Your CSV is useless as a Jira import, and I can't imagine why you've built them like this.
Please read through https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/ to see what CSV Jira can import. You'll need to reprocess the data in your files into a valid format.
We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan. &nb...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events