Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import csv problem

henry v December 29, 2020

Hello there,

I have these 4 CSV files i want to import in Jira Cloud (See attachments):

1. JIRA_CHANGELOGS.CSV (Changelog )
- a table containing all the changes an issue goes through. Including the change itself, who changed the field and when it happened.

2. JIRA_ISSUES.CSV (ISSUES )
- a table with all the field currently available in the organisation for an issue\

3. JIRA_LABELS.CSV (Labels_File )
- this is the list of labels that can be assigned to an issue to describe it.\

4. JIRA_COMPONENTS.CSV (Components)
- this is the list of components that can be assigned to an issue to describe it.\

When i'm trying to import de JIRA_ISSUES.CSV this error message is shown:

In order for the CSV importer to do its job, it must provide a CSV header row that corresponds to the project type. The available project types are: service_desk, business.

My questions are:

1.- What this error means? I was following the tutorial that says to import projects i only need the project key and project name. is this correct?

2.- Do i need to import these files in some order?

3.- All the fields in the files attached are correct? or i have to first create some custom fields? The CSV are incorrect?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Henry.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Your CSV is useless as a Jira import, and I can't imagine why you've built them like this.

Please read through https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/ to see what CSV Jira can import.  You'll need to reprocess the data in your files into a valid format.

0 votes
Raghav Gupta December 29, 2020

Hi @henry v ,

The prerequisite of CSV import is:

You should have project and fields including custom fields(if any) should be already created on target machine before CSV import on target Jira instance.

During CSV import please do the mapping as the screenshot and also check corresponding of other fields and custom fields it is very important step in CSV import

Hope this helps,

Photo_jira.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events