i want add 3+(A/b/c/d) level cascading custom field type in jira service management

chaitanaya d May 13, 2023

i want add 3+(A/b/c/d) level cascading custom field type in jira service management

2 comments

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2023

Jira doesn't come with multi-level cascading fields out of the box.

You could trial any of the relevant apps from the Atlassian Marketplace or use Jira Service Management Premium's Assets. An Atlassian support engineer has documented the latter case here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Using-Cascading-Fields-with-Forms-and-Assets/ba-p/2318049.

chaitanaya d May 14, 2023

Hi Thanks for reply,

any possibility to do automation to achieve it

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2023

If you want to let your customers (requesters) select a field A, then field B and finally field C (all depending on the previous selection), I don't think you can achieve this via Automation. You should either purchase and configure a 3rd party application from the Marketplace or make sure you're on the Premium plan and leverage Assets fields in your request form.

The reason is that Automation works after an (issue) event has happened, and the action of filling in the fields of a request form doesn't constitute an action until the form has been submitted.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Rezgar Cadro _Totem Dev_ May 14, 2023

Check out Skills for Jira. It lets you do exactly what you are looking for if I understood you right (screenshot). You can model your levels/skills as a tree with arbitrary depth.

You can specify levels/skill requirements and see qualified experts right on the issue. You can prevent transitions for anyone except experts. You can have qualified agents pull their next ticket with a click of a button and more.

Like chaitanaya d likes this

Thanks a lot,

for reply back, my requirements is

Example:

Professions(Parent value)

Private Sector jobs(child value):

1.Software engineer

2.mechanic

Government Sector jobs(child value)

1.police officer

2.Government Employ

Rezgar Cadro _Totem Dev_ May 14, 2023

No problem, Chaitanaya. Like this? 

• "Skillset" Custom Field Type configured by your example (screenshot)
  • Skill tree management UI (screenshot)

Thanks a lot, taking efforts to answer my question

,but unfortunately, i want above fields in JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT FORMS, HOW CAN I ACHIEVE IT

Rezgar Cadro _Totem Dev_ May 15, 2023

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Skillset fields are not supported in JSM forms at the moment, unfortunately.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events