Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to include custom field values in content of mail using automation for jira plugin.

Abhishree Nagesh January 16, 2020

Hi Team,

Application is on Server.

Using Automation for jira plugin.

The requirement is that once the ticket is in XYZ status, Automatically mail has to sent to the user .
In the content of the mail , along with some verbiage we need to send some custom field value that are captured in transition screen before ticket comes to XYZ status.

So how to write the content to capture the values of custom field.

actually we tried some content , which is not working
please find the attachment for the same.

Thanks,
Abhishree Nagesh

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

Hello @Abhishree Nagesh

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, it seems you have configured an automation rule to send an e-mail containing a custom field value when your issues reach a specific status, however, you are not being able to properly add the smart value syntax to add the custom field value in the e-mail message. Is that correct?

As you can see in the documentation below, the syntax to add a custom field smart value would be {{issue.My custom field name}}

Accessing issue fields 

If there are multiple custom fields with the same name or have the same name as a system field, you can also use the custom field id. {{issue.customfield_10001}}.

To find the custom field id, you can navigate to Jira Settings > Issues > Custom fields > find the custom field and click to Configure. The Custom Field ID should appear at the URL of the page.

Here's a practical Example:

1 - I created the following rule:

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 17.03.57.png

2 - Then, changed my issue status:

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 17.03.14.png

3 - Received the following e-mail:

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 17.03.02.png

Let us know if this information helps.

Gustavo Gassmann June 16, 2022

Hi, good morning. 

These days, I have an issue using these options with custom filed. Do you know if there is any problem today on Jira cloud? 

I tried with a simple name and after with ID name. Taken from xml export. 

The standards field are working well. ! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events