Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get issue key based on issue summary

A S August 15, 2020

We use JiraSD next-gen also for communication with other service desks. Many service desk use unique summary to identify the object (and issue related to this object). Jira mail handler can add comments to issue only based on its key or message sequence (in-reply-to). As a result, we end up with many open issues with very similar names (summaries) that need to be iterated over manually in order to collect comments on the original issue.

The question is how to automate this process? Please advise!

I can sort the issues I need by summary, but how do I link them based on the summary? Automation allows you to link issues based on a key.

For example, the original issue summary "Last mile quality issue | site | object", and the next issue summary "Last mile quality restored | site | object".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2020

Hi @A S ,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to search for issues that have a specific summary, and link them with one another?

If so, I believe you can do this using the Lookup issues action, and then have your automation link an issue to each issue in the JQL search using {{lookupissues.key}}.

A S August 19, 2020

Thank you very much for the answer, I will test it.

This is how I implemented it:
1. I use labels to reflect the name of the site and the object, it is important that there are no two simultaneous requests in the OPEN state for the same client + site + object.
2. I use JQL-based branch automation to collect a selection of issues with the most complete set of conditions. By checking additional conditions, I narrow the selection down to a single issue.

Please advise me where I can find the most complete list of "smart values".

I have one more question that I cannot solve: There are parameters in the request description that I need to put in the request fields. Now I'm doing a piece-by-piece comparison. For example, if the description includes "name: Alexander", then the field "name" is "Alexander". How can we automate this, so as not to iterate over all names, but to use characters between the text "first name:" "last name:"?JQL.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events