Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check that a comment is a "primary action" using "automation for jira"

JJ May 12, 2020

Short question:  How do you check that a comment is a primary action using automation for jira? I'm trying to recreate a standard jira automation using "automation for jira" but don't know how to check that a comment is a primary action.

Backstory: I have a service account in jira service desk that leaves  comments on tickets when certain things happen, like an approval process is approved (because otherwise the customer will not know at all).

The problem I'm facing is that when the account leaves a comment, the ticket transitions to "waiting for customer" because of the standard automation "transition on comment" (which is wrong in this case).

I tried to fix this using standard automation but the option I need doesn't exist so I'm trying to recreate the standard automation using "Automation for Jira" instead. The new automation should be identical but will only fire off when the comment is not left by the service account. I want to add that to the automation but don't know how. How do you check that a comment is a primary action using automation for jira? 

transitiononcomment.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JJ May 12, 2020

I think I just found the answer. According to the documentation, "comment is primary action" means...

Comment is primary action and not the consequence of another action (for example, commenting as part of a workflow transition)

So in Service Desk I just left the following option unchecked: "Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events