Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i implement Request Types with different workflows ?

GG October 29, 2017

Hi,

I have several service requests with different workflows( different steps, app rovers, assignee, ...)

What is the best way to  implement this scenario ? 

1- create new request type and link to related workflow

2- use automation rule 

3- etc

2 comments

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2017

1. Go to the project's settings and look for the Request types area. 
Create a new request type there. While creating the request type it would ask you to associate with an issue type. 
Then go to your workflow schemes. Select the appropriate workflow scheme and edit it. 
Then chose the workflow you in there that you want to associate your issue type with (Issue type corresponding to that new request type). Use the Assign function to assign the issue type. 

2/3. What exactly do you mean? Elaborate with a use case.

GG October 29, 2017

Automation in jira service desk or any way to implement complicated scenario. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2017

Hello, 

Request types are associated with issue types and issue types are associated with workflows.

I guess that you have to decide first what kind of issue types you have. For example you can create an issue type for each workflow. You do not have to create a different issue type if your request type joins several statuses in one status. 

After that you need to decide how many request types you have. If you want to join several statuses for a request type you can do it in the request type setups. 

You can use automation for setting an assignee depending on the value of a field. 

Regarding approvals I think you can define a common status for an issue type workflow on which you will have the approval process. After it you can make setups for approval for a request type using standard interface. 

So you use automation only for setting assignee. Other settings you make on workflow, issue type and request type settings using standard interface. 

Like Neil Hughes likes this
GG October 29, 2017

My request types have diffrent stages and satatuses on the other hand workfolows are complicated. If i create some issue types for example service request 1, service request 2... i can link diffrent issue types to them thefore i can link reques types to several workflows. In this way complication will decrease . Do you recommend it?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events