Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I know which ticket is commented on?

Deleted user January 7, 2021

Hi everyone,

I would like to know which ticket is commented on directly on my project dashboard?

The goal is to receive less email.

Thanks,

Liza

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

The notification bell in the top right will tell you when something has happened on a ticket.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

Hi @Liam Green Liam, 

Thanks to you.

Is it possible to make a specific queue for tickets that are awaiting a response from me? This way, support agents have a view of all the tickets that require action on their part.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

It certainly is!  We use the below JQL:

status in (Open, "Waiting for support") AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()

You would just need to match it to your 'open' status as some people name them differently.

Thanks @Liam Green 

If I understand, "open" corresponds to all the state of the workflow before the state complete?

For example if my workflow consists of the states "estimate", "preparation", "site" and "complete", I must write 3 lines replacing "open" by "estimate", "preparation" and "site"?

status in (estimate, "Waiting for support") AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()
status in (preparation, "Waiting for support") AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()

status in (site, "Waiting for support") AND resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser()
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Not quite, you can only have one query per queue.

Before we flesh it out properly, when you reply to a request does it change to a different status?  For example, if I have a ticket that is currently "waiting for support", when I reply the ticket changes to "waiting for customer"

@Liam Green 

In fact I don't have a variable specifically defined for this. I thought Jira had on "unread comment" or "new customer comment" variable by default 

How do you know a ticket is "waiting for support"?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

As far as I'm aware, there isn't an "unread comment" feature in the ticket itself, just notifications.

If you look at my screenshot below, you will see how my workflow goes:

image.pngSo when a ticket comes in it is Awaiting Triage.  After this, it goes to Waiting for Support.  If we ask a question of a user it goes to Waiting for Customer.  When they reply it automatically bounces back to Waiting for Support, then once the ticket is complete it goes to Resolved

Ok @Liam Green 

Maybe can I create a field with this workflow and integrate her in my ticket?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

I'd definitely suggest integrating a 'waiting for customer' status - then you can build the queue as originally discussed.

@Liam Green 

I think I do that. Is it possible to associate a field with workflow?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

@[deleted] 

How do you mean associate a field?  Can you talk me through what you're trying to achieve?

If you added a 'waiting for customer' status, you can either change the status manually, like you would for resolving a ticket, or you can put in automation that detects whether a comment was made by the reporter or not and switches status accordingly

@Liam Green 

I think I find. I change automaticaly a status when a client comment and when my team comment.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

No problem, glad you found it!

Please feel free to mark my answer as 'accepted' if it helped.

Joshua Buison April 25, 2022

I think asside from having the notification bell or adding a status on the workflow, Jira should add a separate easy way if there is a ticket that customer commented onto like making the ticket color coded or some other visual identifyer that is unrelated to the workflow status, it messes up the status workflow by adding 2 more statuses that comes back and forth. Actually deafeats the workflow purpose.

0 votes
Joshua Buison April 26, 2022

Btw I think I have made a work around. You can create a custom field something like "response status" you can put values in it like "customer waiting for support" and "waiting for customer", add the field on the queue column, put automation rule regarding who comments and change the fields value acordingly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events