• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how do I add the organisation field to requests?

Matt I'm New Here Feb 23, 2021

G'day all, I'd like to include the organisation field in the customer facing request forms that my organisation are using, basically so that the customers can select what organisation they're request is originating from. At the moment I believe the system fills out this field (and not all the time I should point out) automatically, I assume from keywords and possibly from customers selecting portal groups which we were originally using in this matter. I'm not entirely sure how this functionality works and whether the above question can actually be done so any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When a customer is a member of an organization, it will show the option for them to select the Org when creating a ticket. This field is automatically added if they belong to an Org (created on Project > Customers), it's not a field that an admin can add/remove as other custom fields.

25.png

You can set to automatically share the ticket with the organization or not. You can find this option on Cog icon > Products > Configuration. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.11.45.png

After the ticket is created, they can also share the ticket with the org by clicking on “+ Share” or as an agent you can also add the Organization to the ticket. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.07.03.png

For more details about Organizations, please check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Matt I'm New Here Feb 24, 2021

That clears it up, thanks for the info!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

180 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you