Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can customers generate their own audit reports in jira service desk

Abhi August 19, 2019

I want the customers to my service desk project to be able to generate their own audit reports based on the issues submitted by them / their organization. How do I achieve this?

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2019

Hi @Abhi

If you are open to solve this with an app, you can do it with Better PDF Exporter, which is compatible with Jira Service Desk and you can use to provide various types of export and report options for your agents from the Issue Navigator view (not directly from the queue).

See some examples here.

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Hey @Abhi 

I might need some more information on what you are wanting them to see. If your customers are only customers and do not have any additional access, the only thing they can do to get information on what tickets they and their organization has submitted is by going to their requests section. This section allows users to filter by tickets they created and tickets they have been added to. Unfortunately, they cannot export this page so a screenshot or something similar would have to suffice.

This link will take you to the requests section and it is filtered already to show tickets created by anyone. You will need to input your URL for this to work.

Hope this helps!

[YOUR JIRA URL]/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?status=open&reporter=all

Abhi August 19, 2019

Thank you @Cody Stevens 

Is there a way that I, as a Jira admin, can edit this request section/screen of the customer so that the customer can view more fields and filter conditions?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Hey @Abhi 

I took a look at the theming extensions for JSD and the one that I found that 100% lets you modify that section is My Requests Extension but it's only for Server. Unfortunately, I am not seeing anything for cloud. A good themeing add on for cloud is Refined. You would need to reach out to their team to see if they allow customization of the My Requests sections. I'm not seeing anything that specifies if they do or not.

The add on suggested by @Levente Szabo _Midori_ is a good add on but after reviewing it, I am not seeing anything that would allow it to function on the portal for a customer (non paid user). The add on looks like its only for use in the backend of Jira for licensed users. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events