Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customizing the form when creating tasks using the "Create" button (JSM - Data Center)

Morten Dieckmann-Keden May 10, 2023

Hello,

We are investigating the possibility of using Jira Service Management in the Data Center version.

We have some question about customizing the form when creating tasks using the "Create" button.

Regarding Question 1. : Can this be configured by user or by group?
By this I mean the following: When you click on the Create button, a window opens where you can create a new task. Here you can see different user defined fields. Is it possible that different users (with different permissions) in a project, a different representation of the user-defined fields are displayed?
Is it possible to set this in the system settings?
Can you help me with this question?

Regarding question 2: The customer has an agent license, but should not see the agent view in the project, the customer should not see the agent.

By this I mean the following: Is it possible that a customer has an agent license, but then the customer can not see the agent view in the project (for example can not see the whole queue). In addition, the customer should not see the agent of the ticket.

Regarding question 3: Can fields be shown or hidden depending on the project/task type?

Can you please describe how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Sebastian Salzburger May 10, 2023

Question 1 : Not out of the box. You can do this with Scriptrunner Behaviours, for example.

Question 2: Try it with Issue Security, but I'm not sure if I understood what exactly you want, do you mean the view in the portal or in the Jira interface?

Question 3: Yes, via the issue screens, you can create a separate issue screen for each task type and project. (And then a separate one for Edit/View and each transition)

Morten Dieckmann-Keden May 10, 2023

@Sebastian Salzburger ,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regarding question 1: Do you have instructions on how to implement it step by step with Scriptrunner Behaviours then?

To question 2: This is about a user or a group of users being able to see all tickets in the agent view but not being able to go into the ticket itself (i.e. not into the agent view of a ticket).
The idea here is to avoid duplicate ticket creation by employees by anticipating that users will be given the ability to get an overview of all tickets created by an agent group/department.
I hope this is more understandable :)

Sebastian Salzburger May 10, 2023

Question2: I don't think it makes sense or is practical. You can't do that out of the box either. I can think of ways to do this with Scriptrunner Fragments. You could use JavaScript to hide the links in the issue view. and/or also using JavaScript when a user goes to an issue they shouldn't be redirecting to the previous page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events