Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure agent view

noa harel May 3, 2021

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding agent view, will be happy for your help:

1. Is it possible to remove the attached fields from context fields section?how to remove from conext fields section.PNG

2. How can i create a folder with certain fields in the context fiels section?- please find example attachedfolder in context field section.PNG

3. If i move an issue to a different issue type- the request type become "none"

can i define the new request type when moving the issue?

when the requst type is empty, the view agent is empty too is there a way to configure this?

Many thanks!!

1 answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2021

Hello @noa harel,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Automation is a built-in feature, so it can’t be removed from the screen, but the other ones are related to add-ons, so the only way to remove the fields is by uninstalling the add-ons on Apps > Manage your apps.

The folder that you see on that screenshot is actually the Field Tabs, but the previous look. Now it shows on the top:

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 14.09.24.png

When moving an issue from one issue type to another or from one project to another, it’s not possible to set the request type during the move action. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

noa harel May 5, 2021

Thanks a lot Angelica!

Is there  a way to configure an agent view screen when the request type is "none"?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2021

Hi @noa harel,

When an issue type is not linked to a request type, currently, it’s not possible to edit the agent view. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch the suggestion above to receive updates.

For now, the only way to change the order of the fields it’s on the same screen where you can create the Field tabs on Project settings > Screens.

noa harel May 7, 2021

Hi dear Angelica,

Regarding the above ill apricciate your help for the following use case:

We dont use portal.

We have built an integration from our mobile app which create an issue with deafult request type in jira service managemrnt.

Then an agent classifies it to the right issue type which cause the "request type" become "none".

which cause the agent view become missing and cannot be configured.

this is a real serious problem..

what is the best soluotion?

many thanks

Noa

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2021

Hey Noa,

It’s possible to have request types hidden from the portal, so you can create a request type and associated it with the issue type and then just don’t add it to the groups. 

I understand that you don’t use the portal, but it’s not possible to delete or hide the portal, so the best option is to create a request type that is hidden, so in case someday someone accesses the portal, they won’t be able to create a ticket on this request type.

Once you create, you can modify the agent view of this new request type.

I tested here and once I add the request type on a ticket where it was “None”, the layout is not changed at the moment the request type is added, it’s necessary to refresh the page. 

The request types that are hidden from the portal will always be listed at the bottom of the page. This is just a workaround so you can edit the agent view without allowing that request to be available on the portal.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 17.45.59.png

As I mentioned, it’s not possible to select a request type while moving a ticket to another issue type. It will be necessary to manually add it.

Currently, the new automation doesn’t have the ability to modify a request type and the legacy automation doesn’t have the trigged “Issue moved”. 

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events