can you create an automation rule that will pause SLA clock when a public comment is made by Agent

Rob March 17, 2021

I would like to create a rule that if a agent comments to the customer, it is public (not internal) that it transitions to "waiting for customer" which will pause the SLA clock until a reply. I have created the rule below and it works but is also triggered when internal comments are created ....any way to ensure it is only triggered if the comments are public? 

Waiting for customer.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi Rob, there is a rule in the Library already that might be good for what you want or adjust to meet your needs. See below

B09AA966-BA0C-4763-9938-8F7642BFD8DC.jpeg

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

It will indeed not be a direct result of your rule that the SLA is paused. The pausing of the SLA is based on a Pause condition

• The rule @Jack Brickey mentions will indeed transition the issue to another Status.
  • This status will then need to be included in your PAUSE conditions of the SLA

So it's a bit 2-fold. Automation to transition an issue and an update to your SLA conditions to pause it.

Rob March 17, 2021

Dirk...understood. the "waiting on customer" is a state that pauses SLA until the customer responds per my SLA rules

0 votes
Rob March 17, 2021

Thanks Jack...I will give a go...and let you know;0)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events