bug: Service desk issue created by email not showing images in email body

Cat Gomez April 15, 2019

Instead of displaying an image, the message "image removed by sender" appears.  

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Peterson January 10, 2022

Similarly but not 100% identical, we are having this issue where the image is stripped but replaced by the place-holder scripting (assumption).  Any ideas here?  This is actually coming from our Service Desk into our company's email - we do not have any rules in place to strip or modify the emails.

2022-01-10_103925.png

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi Cat,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Just for further clarification about the issue, I'll make some questions:

Is it happening with all customers?
When did this issue start?
What mail client are they using? (I tested using Gmail and it works normally on my test instance)
Can you please test sending an email to check if the same issue will appear?
Is it happening for all projects?
If possible, send us a screenshot of the affected ticket.

This information will help us understand what may be causing the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Cat Gomez April 16, 2019

Hi Angelica,

It is not happening for all customers.  I just sent a test email with attachments and .png file in the email body and both images came through fine.  

Do you know what type of mail clients are not supported in Service Desk?  I am not sure how many different servers our customers may be using.  
Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.04.53 PM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hi Cat, it must be related to your customer's email policy, some configuration on the mail client that is removing the attachment. There is no unsupported mail client, all emails sent will be read by Jira to be added as a comment or to create a ticket, so it's something on their side that is preventing the attachments from being added.

Cat Gomez April 22, 2019

Thanks Angelica.  Good to know that all mail servers are supported.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events