Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto Assign Ticket from email request based on the email subject

Felipe Corredor July 13, 2020

Hi, Jira Community
I did set up my jira service desk so whenever some one send an email to suport@email.com a ticket is created in my board, However, I am failing to get to know when this happens.

Is there a way that what ever of the subject is (key word) this ticket will be auto assign to an agent in charge?

Sample

1. Subject of the email: "it Support" this ticket is assign to Agent A

2. Subject of the email: "Sales Support" this ticket is assigned to Agent B

Or how can i activate the notifications so when ever a ticket is created I get a notification or it s assigned to me.

Note:  I do not work with issue types, the incoming emails create a plane ticket

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2020

Hello @Felipe Corredor

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can user Jira automation to assign a ticket based on its summary (Email subject) when it gets created, as long as you are using a classic Service desk project (Not next-gen).

These would be the steps to achieve it:

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Scroll-down the left menu and click on Project automation (Not Automation)
  2. Click to create a new rule and use the template below to properly configure the rule, adding the assignee you need when the issue match one of the conditions:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 20.13.54.png

Additionally, you can also configure a notification to be sent to you or any other specific user when an issue is created. These would be the steps:

1. Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Notifications
  2. Click in Actions > Edit notifications and add any specific users you want to the "Issue created" notification.
    P.S: By default, the assignee is already configured to receive notifications when an issue is created or assigned to him.

For more details about the steps above, please check the following documentation:

Configuring email notifications 

Jira automation 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Felipe Corredor July 16, 2020

It Worked! it worked perfectly, thanks a lot @Petter Gonçalves  

I really want to get Jira certified 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2020

You are welcome @Felipe Corredor

Have a nice weekend and good luck with your Studies to get Jira Certified!

nisha August 10, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves  ,

Hope you are doing great !

How to Create an Automatic Email Request Issue when we receive an Email to our IT Help desk mail id .
Our Project : JIRA Service Desk (Next-gen) 

I tried out few Docs from Attlassian but facing issues .

Hope you help us with a Solution .

Thanks & Regards,

Nisharunnisa

Matt Sardi August 25, 2021

Good Afternoon, 

I hope that you can help me out as well.  It seems that regardless of how I setup my rule, the email notification only occurs if a ticket is open from either service management OR the self service portal and I need both.  Can you please provide some insight as to what I'm missing? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events